I bought a game on steam called Still Life, and it doesn't even work. Turns out that it has issues on Vista, which is what I use. Actually, from what I read in the help forums, it has issues on a lot of the systems. And since it only runs on windows, I can't use any of Corey's computers to use it. Well the Linux one might work, since it has Wine (this windows program reader thing). I might be able to play on one of my other laptops. I think the orange one is windows (not vista) 7 maybe? The mac needs more room, and plus, now that I think about it, the game only runs on windows, so that's out. And my gray one doesn't have the internet capabilities. Not sure what the deal is. I guess my step dad's friend (who we go it from) encrypted everything, and I have no idea what that means, or how to fix it. Maybe one day I'll take another crack at it. And by that I mean attempt to look at it, then have Corey check it out. :p But until I can figure that out, I can't play this game. Stupid. They should have told me it didn't work on vista (because it says it does, but clearly it doesn't if I, along with multiple other people can't get it running), had I known then I wouldn't have wasted the money on it. It was only like $5 (it was on sale), but still, I could have bought a different game, or several hats in Team Fortress 2 :p
So I guess where I'm going with this is, DON'T BOTHER WITH IT. I mean it looks good, but if I can't play it, what's the use? It's like a trophy wife but worse. At least they do stuff. It would be like you had a trophy wife that just sat there. You can try to get her attention all you want, but she's just going to ignore you. That's how this game makes me feel. I have it, but can't do anything with it. It just sits there, mocking me. Laughing in my face. "Oh look at me, I'm a cool game, oh but wait, you have vista. Hahahaha! I shall not work for you"
Thanks.

No comments:
Post a Comment